- Visits to 2 National Parks
- Crater & 1 Cultural Visit
- Arusha City Driving Tour
- Tarangire National Park
- Maasai Boma Cultural Visit
- Olduvai Gorge
- Serengeti National Park (3 nights)
- Ngorongoro Crater
Day 1: “Karibu!” Welcome to beautiful Tanzania
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be personally greeted by your Makoye Safari tour guide(s).
You will be transferred to your accommodation in Arusha and our lead tour guide will ensure your lodge check in.
(Accommodation:Arusha area lodge) (D) *
Day 2: “Habari Za Asubuhi” (Good Morning!)
Today we depart Arusha andour guides will drive us through the bustling city while on route to several cultural landmarks. Guests will visit the Cultural Heritage Centre and the Shanga House. Lunch will be provided in a special scenic location before we continue on tothe Tarangire region. We will arrive at our lodge in the late afternoon.
(Accommodation: Tarangire area lodge) (B,L,D) *
Day 3: “Habari” (How are you?)
After your buffet breakfast, our guides will take you on your first game-drive tour through Tarangire National Park. Get ready to see a large concentration of wildlife and world famous Baobab trees. A great pictorial opportunity awaits you! We will have a picnic lunch at a scenic area,which offers a panoramic view of the park. Afterwards, we return to our lodge to relax and enjoy dinner.
(Accommodation: Tarangire area lodge) (B,L,D) *
Day 4: Hakuna Matata” (No worries)
This morning, after departing the Tarangire region, we will provide you with a unique and “awe-inspiring” cultural experience by visiting a Maasai Boma. As we enter the village, Chief Lobulu will welcome us along with the warriors and women singing and dancing. Guests will get the opportunity to experience firsthand their daily lives and learn about their customs and rituals they continue to perform. Get ready to balance sticks and water over your head, dance and jump high, too! Afterwards, we continue driving west to Karatu to rest for the evening.
(Accommodation: Karatu area lodge) (B,L,D) *
Day 5: “Siku Nzuri” (A Beautiful Day)
After breakfast at the lodge, we depart Karatu and begin our journey into the Serengeti. We will visit the Olduvai Gorge Museum and see first-hand one of the most important paleoanthropological sites in the world! Afterwards, as we drive through this diverse and beautiful landscape, we arrive at our Serengeti tented camp in the early evening and witness the gorgeous African sunset.
(Lodging: Serengeti Kati Kati Tented Camp) (Lodging: (B,L,D) * (Accommodation:Serengeti Tented Camp) (B,L,D) **
Day 6: “Karibu Tena” (Welcome again!)
Enjoy a buffet breakfast and then we are off again with our professional team for a full day game drive across the Serengeti National Park. Depending on the migration patterns, we will eitherhave a picnic lunch or will return to the lodge for lunch. After a short rest, we will return for a late afternoon safari to view more wildlife. This is a wonderful opportunity to see the “ Big Five” the lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, and cape buffalo. Upon our return to camp, we will enjoy a group discussion by the campfire.
(Accommodation:Serengeti Tented Camp) B,L,D) *
Day 7: “Pole, Pole” (Slowly, Slowly)
Enjoy breakfast and then we are off for our second full day game drive in the Serengeti National Park. The Serengeti encompasses an area of 5,695 square miles, so there will be many more opportunities to get great photos of the massive numbers of wildlife. Again, a picnic lunch or we will return to the camp for lunch. After a short rest, we are off to an afternoon safari to view more wildlife.Upon our return, we will get another opportunity to relax by the campfire and enjoy the unique sounds of Africa!
(Lodging: Serengeti Tented Camp) (B,L,D) *
Day 8: “Kwaheri” (Goodbye)
After breakfast, we say goodbye to our Serengeti campsite and begin our journey back. Today, we will experience a full-day game drive in the Ngorongoro Crater. We will enjoy our lunch at a beautiful lake where we can view hippos close up and absorb the boundless beauty of the Crater’s landscape. This is a wonderful photographer’s opportunity to see thousands of animals roaming in their natural habitat. We complete our day by returning to our lodge in Karatu.
(Accommodation:Karatu area lodge)(B,L,D) *
Day 9:“Tuonane tena” (See You Again)
We depart Karatu after breakfast and drive back to Arusha. Lunch and a day room will be provided at an Arusha area lodge to relax and freshen up before your late afternoon departure. Transportation from Arusha to Kilimanjaro International Airport will be provided for guests’ outbound flight(s).
(Accommodation:Day Stay at a local Arusha lodge) (B, L) *
“If there were one more thing I could do, it would be to go on safari once again”.
Karen Blixen, Danish author
BOOK THIS SAFARI
For two people, 9 Day Safari Tour
- Starting at $5,684.00 (USD), per person, Low Season
- Starting at $6,469.00 (USD), per person, High Season
For four person, 9 Days Safari Tour
- Starting at $4,360.00 (USD), per person, Low Season,
- Starting at $4,635.00 (USD), per person, High Season
For six people, 9 Days Safari Tour
- Starting at $3,915.00 (USD), per person, Low Season,
- Starting at $4,210.00 (USD), per person, High Season
High Season Rates: January 1 – March 31 and June 1 – December 31
Low Season Rates: April 1 – May 31
Child discounts may apply.
* Meals listed as B – Breakfast, L- Lunch and D- Dinner are included in Tour package.
Additional Safari days and extension trips can be added at an additional cost.
These rates are per person, double occupancy in US Dollars & include VAT rates. Single supplement is additional if available.
For larger private groups, we can provide a quote.
Makoye Safaris recommends private groups from 2 – 20 people. Our trips are custom-designed and flexible. We can include more national park visits and/or additional cultural tours. Pricing will vary according to travel dates, number of guests, and type of lodging.
Inclusive in this package:
- Private tour designed for families, friends and colleagues.
- All lodge accommodations as mentioned in itinerary,
- All park entrance and crater fees,
- All ground transport using 4 x 4 land cruiser,
- Ground transportation from arrival point at Kilimanjaro International Airport and return to the Airport at conclusion of tour,
- Bottled drinking water during game drives,
- Driver/guide fees and safari car park fees.
- Meals listed as B – Breakfast, L- Lunch and D- Dinner are included in Tour package.
Not included in this package:
- Air transportation and related fees,except as indicated in the itinerary.
- Activities noted as optional in the itinerary.
- Gratuities for staff, unless otherwise noted on the itinerary page.
- Passport, visa and permit expenses
- Medical expenses and immunizations
- Baggage/accident/cancellation insurance
- Personal expenses, such as phone costs, laundry, additional meals (not listed on the itinerary and additional beverages (soda, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
- Any other items not specifically noted as included.